WordPress is most popular content management system that people use to run their websites, blogs and forums. Its a real fun and very user friendly. WordPress getting better and better as days going and new versions coming out. WordPress also gives option to create a new static page which is differ from real blog post. Its an awesome feature of wordpress as static pages are really useful in the process of building good blog. But many times when we create static wordpress pages it also shows option to comment which is nauseating when we don’t need it on static page like about me page of admin or something else that simply not require any comments. While my learning about wordpress I tried to disable the comment section in static wordpress page and in 3.1 version of wordpress I couldn’t found any option to do so. In older version while creating wordpress pages an option of ‘Discussion’ was holding the comments box and to remove or disable the comments from that specific page you need to ‘Uncheck’ the box. But wordpress 3.1 gives you something different way to do this. Follow the steps below to disable the comment from wordpress static page:-
1. First login to wordpress and click on ‘Pages’ option.
2. Now ‘Edit’ the page you want to disable the comments.
3. Locate the ‘Screen Option’ from upper right corner of dashboard.
4. Once you click on screen options a drop down menu will open up and it will show many options to show on screen. Simply ‘CHECK’ the option ‘Discussion’
5. Now you can able to see ‘Discussion’ box where one can locate two sub options named as ‘Allow comments’ and ‘Allow trackbacks and pingbacks on this page’, now Uncheck the ‘allow comment’ box and update the page.
This will do the trick!!!